A Party of ten comprising eight descendants of William, including two spouse/partners visited Raub from the 6th to 11th November 2011. They were a grandson of Alice Sarah (Dolly), four grandchildren of Harry Thomas and three grandchildren of Frederick Alfred. Thus the offspring of at least three of William’s children were represented.
The party visited the existing mining operations which included a gold pour, toured the remains of the mines located in the Bukit Koman mine area, the site of the old railway, the mining areas and ruins just to the north of Raub Town, Bibby Road, The River Bilut, the power station built by William on the Sempam River and went to Frasers Hill for an overnight stay. All of these activities were undertaken as guests of the RAGM Bhd the present mine owners.
Booklets were prepared by Victor to help in understanding what happened at Raub in William’s time and these are included on this web site at the following links, just click on the paragraph:
Click on the the town and power station buttons for diagrams that go with the first two booklets.
The visit caught the attention of the newspapers and a number of articles appeared in the Chinese and Malay newspapers of which copies are included in some of the images on this page.
Raub Guest House Hotel
Copyright © Victor R. P. Bibby 2012 All rights reserved.
No part of this web site may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior permission of the copyright owner.
|Specimen Hill Mine|
|William's Patent 1873|
|A Gold Field|
|Cricket at Raub|
|The Misses Bibby|
|40 Head Battery|
|Family After Raub|
|Return to Raub|